The Hardwick Historical Society (HHS) is a small collecting repository dedicated to preserving the history of the Town of Hardwick (1781-) and the Village of Hardwick (1891-1989). Located in the restored Hardwick Railroad Depot, the Society collects and exhibits materials relating to the granite and railroad industry, Hardwick’s schools, the Civil War, and Hardwick’s business community. In addition to museum exhibits, the HHS has a growing number of documents and images in its collections of archival material. Further, it holds a nearly complete collection – dating back to the 1890s–of Hardwick’s local newspaper.
Long Business Description